Wednesday 19 October 2011

1st Post and an explanation

...to read this short story?

Okay friends, so this is where I am going to keep my short stories. Good. Glad we have that sorted and you understand the name.

Apparently the best thing you can do when you want to write, is write and write and write and truth be told I perhaps don't do enough of it even though it is about the only activity in the world that when I am doing it I don't think I should be doing something else. There is a lot of bark and not a lot of bite, as it were...

So my aim, if I may be so bold, is to write one short story every 3 days, this gives me one day for the concept, one day to flesh it out and one day to edit the crap out of it. This is of course only when I am onshore (I currently work on an oilrig in Brazil which is alot less fun than it sounds)...

Anyway, to wet your appetite I will post 2 or 3 short stories I wrote about 2 years ago when I went to a creative writing afterwork class - let me know what you think, good bad or indifferent.

Cheers,
MJS

No comments:

Post a Comment